Saturday, March 23, 2013

V1 piston gone wild, I hate buses, and shitty porting.

So yesterday I'm absolutely blazing the streets on my stock pepi, it was so nice out so may girls were waving at me (none). All of a sudden I feel this kind of seize thing... and not after like a huge straight away or anything, it's like a block after a stop sign. But it starts right up and goes another few blocks and then dies for good.  So I only have a shitty rope lock thing cause I assumed I would lock it up in front of MOPED while I worked. I got kind of pissed cause I hit my knee on the killswitch trying to pedal it, but I played it cool for all the ladies on the streets. Isn't it funny how sometimes when you have moped problems you feel like everyone around is watching you? Which they probably are, yea they totally are. How about when that good ole boy comes up and is like "do you have gas in it?" REALLY?!? No sir the sole thing that makes this little dumb motorbike I ride RUN AND FUNCTION is totally what I havent thought of yet. Thank you for your expert analysis sir, you can go back to selling bootleg t-shirts now. Now IF my moped brand was "Tommy Hilfingers" then maybe I would consider his diagnosis, but this moped is from Italy and not Virginia.
 So I lock up my bike as close to the street as possible to ward off theft and grab a snickers to cool me out. Well now I'm 15 blocks from the train station and I realize that I have to take the bus. I hate the bus and have never taken it. Also I have no smart phone to tell me anything. But I ask a girl about the bus and she sets me straight, then asks "whats wrong with your scooter?" I told her that I built it out of scraps and was working out the kinks cause you know I didn't wanna look bad. hahaha. She explains how she wants a ruckus and I cant stop thinking about how she looks like the lead singer of KITTIE.
 She busts out some good questions about moped though, such as: Do they run off of diesel? and why didnt you just pedal it to work? It was hard to explain that when pedaling a Minarelli my cadence would be out of control and I would surely pass out. The bus was ok but I was kinda bummed I didn't see like a bum shit his pants or epic beard man knock somebody out. RANT.

Got home and I found this.... Dented skirt? maybe I dropped it when I had it off the engine? The Lord works in mysterious ways I guess.
 Looks like a pile of shit.

So I decided to do some porting. I widened the Exhaust 2mm on each side and raised it 1.5mm. You can kind of tell in the photos. Also I chopped 1mm off the intake piston skirt. SHAWTY
 Before ^^^
 After ^^^

I rode it after the porting and the performance seems to be very similar to stock. I went to the BP and bought some Pepsis so maybe they were weighing me down!? hahah. It idles fine and Ill test it more in the next few days and update my findings. Stoked to be back on the road on the pepi, ripping and tearing dicks in the dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment