Thursday, August 2, 2012

Derbi Laguna HPI fun fun.

So Put a HPI Ignition on my PP Derbi Laguna today. Im excited to increase the reliability and performance after having issues with my stock ignition. I still need to put the lighting coil on and get the correct bulbs for it. I slapped this dude on in 10 mins and its ripping. Also I added a 18mm Mikuni Carb (running 70 jet with no air filter) for a 50cc race I was in 2 weeks ago at the Motion Left Rally (The race was hilarious!). Look at that Donger intake I made out of a stock Puch pipe. I'm thinking about going back to the Dellorto 14:12 though because I'm not sure I need an 18mm carb on my stock cylinder, who knows! ALSO Been travelling a ton! Went to the Motion Left Rally "Slow Motion" and had a blast. I was in a 60 mile 50cc race with 2 other people. Ultimately noone really won because we all got lost. But we had a ton of fun at the camp site ramping (and breaking...TRAVIS) mopeds, I got Chad Burkes Derbi SL stuck in 8 foot cattails. I recently went home and bought a 20 dollar white 1977 Puch Maxi that I'm excited to make BONE stock and ride around looking stupid on. Pumped on life.
 Looking better.

SHAWTYYYY!
HPI instructions if you dont already have them. Super easy to follow and the Derbi PP and PR engines both use the left diagram, set it and forget it.
 Self idiot photo.
Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment